Hollinswood and Priorslee Practice
Practice Complaints Procedure
At Hollinswood and Priorslee Medical Practice we aim to provide the best possible service to our patients, however, we recognise on occasion things don't always happen as they should. In these instances it is important that we know about it in order to put things right as quickly as possible to alleviate any stress or concerns this may cause.
We take complaints and concerns very seriously and our aim is to deliver consistently high standards across all areas within the Practice.
We aim to resolve all complaints quickly and fairly and we will endeavour to remedy any mistakes or misunderstandings as soon as possible. Sometimes if we need to undertake a more in depth investigation it may take longer, however, we will always keep you informed of any delays.
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If this is not possible and you wish to make a complaint, please inform us as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.
What should I do if am not happy with one of your clinicians or services within the Practice ?
- Initially you should contact one of our Reception staff who may be able to resolve your concerns immediately. We can usually sort out most errors or misunderstandings quickly and informally at this stage.
- If you remain unhappy with our response, if it is a recurring problem or you are concerned about your clinical care it may be best to speak directly to our complaints Manager Mrs Vee Powell.
- If a patient is under 16 years of age then a Parent or Guardian may act on their behalf.
Any complaints can be made either verbally or in writing, please ask our staff for a complaints leaflet.
You may wish to address or resolve your complaint by telephone or alternatively you can arrange to come into surgery to discuss any concerns fully on a more personal basis with Vee.
Any written complaints will be acknowledged with 3 working days where possible. All formal complaints will be internally investigated and a response given within 28 days. If the complaint is more complex and we are unable to stay within this time frame we will always keep you informed of our progress.
What we learn from complaints
We keep records of all complaints we receive and monitor them regularly. This helps us to:
- Identify areas of service where we need to make changes and improvements
- Make sure we are dealing with complaints effectively and consistently.